
I came a crossed this recipe the other day and thought, that looks yummy, its worth a try. I did a few alterations to the recipe, as I often do and it was delicious. I like to have a meatless meal once a week or so and this was perfect. Phil took one bite and said, "Wow, this is great!"
Here is my altered recipe:
1 zucchini cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 medium onion cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 large sweet red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 small eggplant cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 T olive oil plus more for brushing on rolls
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t dried italian seasonings
1/2 t salt
2 T balsamic vinegar plus more for drizzling
6 oz mozzarella/provolone mix cheese
4 large hoagie rolls
Preheat oven to 400. Cut up all vegetable and combine in large bowl with 2 T oil, garlic, italian seasonings, salt, and 2 T vinegar. Mix well to coat. Spread vegetable in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet. Roast for about 15-20 minutes or until tender. I also sauteed some in a large pan with a little oil, these came out just as good, so you can cook them either way.
Slice your rolls open and brush with little olive oil. Spoon the vegetables onto the rolls and drizzle some balsamic vinegar as much as desired) then top with the cheese mixture. Place rolls back into the oven open faced for about 10 minutes or until cheese nicely melted. Serve with a bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy...these are delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment