Here is the cake I made for Tia's Birthday celebration this past Sunday. I used my sisters chocolate cake recipe and Betty Crocker's pony design, with a throw together cream cheese icing.
This cake is so good and moist its worth trying, here it is:
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 c applesauce
2 c flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 c cocoa
2 t baking soda
Sift together the flour and cocoa adding salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Cream the first 4 ingredients then add the sifted flour mixture. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan or 2 9inch round pans. Bake at 350 for 35 min or until toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
This cake is so good and moist its worth trying, here it is:
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 c applesauce
2 c flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 c cocoa
2 t baking soda
Sift together the flour and cocoa adding salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Cream the first 4 ingredients then add the sifted flour mixture. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan or 2 9inch round pans. Bake at 350 for 35 min or until toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
The cream cheese icing...let me see if I can remember what I put in:8oz cream cheese
1/2 c butter
2-3 c confectionery sugar
1 t vanilla
1/2 c cocoa
Cream together cream cheese and butter until light and smooth then add 2 c sugar and cocoa as well as vanilla. Add the last 1 cup of sugar slowly, until desired consistency.






1 comment:
Wow, Rebecca, you certainly are talented....Betty Crocker has nothing on you!!!! The cake looks so cute...how much do you charge...I was thinking of doing a car for Lucas' 3rd birthday. I wonder how well it would ship..hmmmmm :-)
Post a Comment