Friday, October 30, 2009

Silas is Three!

What an exciting day for a little boy who loves Birthday's, who sings/shouts "Happy Birthday!" in the middle of dinner or while we are getting our groceries at Shop-rite, driving down the road whenever and wherever...don't ask me why...he's just a character!

A new International tractor! Sorry Uncle's but I'm not just a John Deere fan!


Time to make cake! Oh what fun!
Three train cars...
One Engine...
A set of tracks...
And lots of candy!
After nap time it was time to put the wheels on and load on the trains cargo.

Can't forget the lights, and the smokestack!

Gummy wheels...

Candy corns, skittles...

Gum drops...
And three candles!
Sporting his new construction hat and chainsaw, now he can be just like daddy!
While he was opening his cards with gift money, and stuffing it in his pants pocket, I asked "What are you going to do with all the money?" "Oh give it to church." he replied like there was nothing else you do with money. Then I realized, hmmm he doesn't know what else to do with it because I hardly ever use it, I always use the plastic card! What a great way to teach good use of cash!

We love you Silas!

5 comments:

Duane and Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Silas! We've been waiting for your Mommy to post pictures of your birthday and cake...looks yummy!

Carol said...

We love you too, Silas! Happy Birthday! Great cake, Rebecca. Of course.

Anonymous said...

how did you make the cake
HADASSAH

Anonymous said...

happy bithday silas
hadassah

YSLaman said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Silas!!! Looks like you had a great one and another spectacular cake...yummy!!