Monday, May 2, 2011

Abiding in Christ

After listening and pondering last nights sermon on Christ as the true vine and the need to bear much fruit, I read John 15 again and again and asked the question...what does it mean to abide in Christ? What does it look like? How can I abide in Him and bear fruit? After a quick search I came to this beautiful sermon I recommend you listen to on "Abiding in the Love of Christ." It shows Christ to be so beautiful and lovely. The answer is in verse 9 "Abide in my love" We are not to focus on our love for Christ...our love is so fickle, but to abide in His never changing, never ending, always abounding love for us. Christ says, "As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you." John 15:9 Think about that, what an amazing, and awesome love He has for His people!

No comments: