Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Our Universe

In Pre-K this year, I put together a unit study (a few months ago already) on the Solar System. I really like the idea and benefits of unit studies...this was my first shot at one and we'll see how many more I will do. They are quite a bit of work to put together, or maybe its just me being inexperienced:) Anyway, here are a few pictures of our activities.

Learning about the phases of the moon using oreo cookies. It was hard to keep the kids from eating them:)

 Learning about the Sun and the planets...Silas is demonstrating how the earth rotates around the sun once every year.  

 Solar System sensory bin...so fun!


We made the sun and the planets out of play-dough along with the asteroid belt.

 Creating, connecting, and naming our own constellations.

2 comments:

Duane and Mary said...

Awesome ideas! Where did you come up with them? I'm impressed!
Mary

our sweet life said...

where do i sign up for this class? it looks like fun!:)