Friday, January 27, 2012

Sarah Jane's wedding


January 21st dawns beautifully snowy, my sister Sarah's wedding.



Eric and Silas gladly handed out bulletins. 

I tried to encourage Silas to smile as he handed out the bulletins. He wasn't so sure how to do it:) Such a flat smile!

Tia, mys sister Hannah and cousin Kaitlyn

Waiting so patiently for Aunt Sarah to come...good thing the wedding ceremony was beautifully brief otherwise this little guy wouldn't have done so well.

This is such a terrible shot but I wanted so badly to capture Sarah's huge smile that she thought would be full of tears as she walked up the isle.


Tia's special task was to hold Sarah's flowers while they said their vows...she did great! She told me later, "Mommy, I loved standing up there with Aunt Sarah!"

Friends Yvonne and Nicole did an amazing job on this cake...completely home made. Absolutely beautiful! And I've never tasted a wedding cake so delicious! 

If I had had a wedding cake at my wedding this is what it would look like!


And they also made this chocolate cake which was just as good as the vanilla/almond one. I would have loved to be in the kitchen watching the goings on as these cakes were being made;) 

Look at that huge bow made with marzipan. Amazing!

 Tirzah and the bride.


Cowboy boots and all! 

Of course Grandma Moo supplied cow coloring books for all the kids! I think this boy had more crayon in his mouth than on paper. And so it goes with this boy, still can't give him a writing implement without it going in his mouth.

 Ready to go!


 The cleanup crew...they did actually do a bit of helping between there monkeying around. 


Tia's enjoying a cup full of soft serve ice-cream from the ice cream maker...Van Grouw farm girl weddings don't come with out ice-cream sundae's for dessert!

Congratulations Sarah and Chris!!! We love you!

5 comments:

Pete and Laura said...

Thanks for the pics of Sarah's wedding, Becky! I've been anxiously waiting to see some, as I couldn't be there in person :( Sure miss you guys & we ALL want to come vist the farm again REAL soon! Lovely wedding shots! :)

our sweet life said...

so pretty...are all the girls married now?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! Loved the sweater on it. And the cake was lovely. Cowboys boot were a good addition :) its sophie!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca you did a great job! I enjoyed looking through the pics. I was laughing with the one with Sarah and her boots. Nicole and I were wondering what shoes she had on. Now I know. I'll have to tell her. Thanks also for the comments on the cake! We had fun and regarding being in the kitchen we would not have let you : ) Although I wish we had some video to share...we can laugh now. Good seeing you all!

Anonymous said...

Whoops that comment was from Yvonne