God has truly blessed my grandparents to 60 years of marriage. The goodness of God is overwhelming, His loving-kindness fails not. As I think back on my growing up years I'm so thankful for the memories, here are a few that stand out to me...Sunday dinners at their house, swimming in their pool, 4th of July parties and parades, when Grandpa and Grandma visited the farm, milk and cookies after school, sleep-overs, strawberries dipped in sugar, Grandpa coming up to help work in the fields, Grandma always offering a helping hand, her perfectly folded laundry, biting a drinking glass at their dinner table (don't ask me why, just wanted to know what would happen), Grandma's delicious cream pies, the special Lancaster PA trip when us grandkids turned 5, speaking about the goodness of the Lord around the dinner table, visits with the kids, Grandpa's expert hand at gardening, beautiful flowers, and I could go on...
"I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name...Oh taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!"
Psalm 34:1-3, 8
So thankful for grandparents who love the Lord, who storm the throne of grace for the salvation of their children, grandchildren and great grand children.
Affectionately called Grandpa and Grandma Moo by their grandkids:)
My Dad and AnnaMarie
Grandma & Grandpa's 60 year old wedding album.
Taking a look at their new digital photo album of the entire family. Thanks Uncle Tim!
The whole gang, missing a few from Michigan and PA as well as all the great grandchildren.
One look at my beautiful sister Hannah, and you will know what Grandma looked like when she was young...identical, its amazing!
My family, minus the grandkids.











1 comment:
Thanks, Becky! I was HOPING you'd post pics of the anniversary party! Esp. since us MI folk had to miss out :( We sure have been blessed greatly with grandparents like ours. I had to smile & chuckle at your memories...how I remember the biting glass incident! :) Sure miss you guys!! :(
Post a Comment